MI3 review and my burnt skin! =(
Heh. Had a great tan today. Wait. Think Im overburnt. now im beginning to feel the heat and my skin is turning red. Before any of u want to start flaming me for not using the sun block which I dutifully brought along, I have my reason:
Cos, I simply wanted a good tan, as I felt that by applying the sunblock I would be blocked from the sun and that would defeat the purpose of tanning.
Secondly, the most smart thing which I forgotten to do was to: BRING THE TOWEL to the pool. Argh! Im pretty sure that I brought it along with me and even packed it in, but it must be some magic that took it away. Sheesh. As a result, I had to use some of my 'used' clothes as 'towel'. *bleah*
In the scorching afternoon, my friends decided to let me off to cool down at Junction 8. Had the value set meal at Yoshinoya only to realise that they had the student's set meal after eating. Wells, at least we saved $1 for each movie ticket thanx to JC.
Now for the movie review:
It was a movie that was full of action and fun! I could see gun shots and the part where Ethan Hunt's newly wed wife was almost killed kept me to my seat. Im amazed. And I could feel as though I was put in that scenario. There was also another scene where I saw Mr Hunt running away from from being arrested though he was ultimately shot and brought back to the MIF.
Now that brings me back to my next topic: What would you choose to do if you are faced with such drastic choices? Let's put it in another way: if, say, the main character in MI3 decided to stay put instead of running away, what would happen?
Well, to be honest, Im pretty sure that he would end up being tied and brought back to the IMF too minus the wound he would have to suffer.
BUT think abt this: if he were to just give up and choose the drastic choice of just being caught, his never-say-die attitude would immediately be out as a character trait. Seriously, in movies, we admire heros for their bravery, for their righteousness, etc. But how much are we able to see that in reality? Does running away simply equates to just trying to avoid the problem or does it show the attempt by an individual to temporary push the problem aside hoping that he would be able to prove his pt as being an innocent party in the future?
In my opinion, when faced with such drastic choices, there aren't much time for thought. By trying to push these problems aside and trying to prove that one does not deserve to face such choices, it shows how much the person is able to stand up for himself. (individual versus the world)Just imagine the odds.
You can imagine how disgusted I was when our main character was taken down by so many "villians". It's simply pure irritating to see these "villians" were his colleagues that ultimately captured him.
Nonetheless, I had realised some "deep profound meanings" within the movie, given my little discussion with you-know-who. =) So there, go watch the movie and try to understand the "deep nonsense" within. =P
Cos, I simply wanted a good tan, as I felt that by applying the sunblock I would be blocked from the sun and that would defeat the purpose of tanning.
Secondly, the most smart thing which I forgotten to do was to: BRING THE TOWEL to the pool. Argh! Im pretty sure that I brought it along with me and even packed it in, but it must be some magic that took it away. Sheesh. As a result, I had to use some of my 'used' clothes as 'towel'. *bleah*
In the scorching afternoon, my friends decided to let me off to cool down at Junction 8. Had the value set meal at Yoshinoya only to realise that they had the student's set meal after eating. Wells, at least we saved $1 for each movie ticket thanx to JC.
Now for the movie review:
It was a movie that was full of action and fun! I could see gun shots and the part where Ethan Hunt's newly wed wife was almost killed kept me to my seat. Im amazed. And I could feel as though I was put in that scenario. There was also another scene where I saw Mr Hunt running away from from being arrested though he was ultimately shot and brought back to the MIF.
Now that brings me back to my next topic: What would you choose to do if you are faced with such drastic choices? Let's put it in another way: if, say, the main character in MI3 decided to stay put instead of running away, what would happen?
Well, to be honest, Im pretty sure that he would end up being tied and brought back to the IMF too minus the wound he would have to suffer.
BUT think abt this: if he were to just give up and choose the drastic choice of just being caught, his never-say-die attitude would immediately be out as a character trait. Seriously, in movies, we admire heros for their bravery, for their righteousness, etc. But how much are we able to see that in reality? Does running away simply equates to just trying to avoid the problem or does it show the attempt by an individual to temporary push the problem aside hoping that he would be able to prove his pt as being an innocent party in the future?
In my opinion, when faced with such drastic choices, there aren't much time for thought. By trying to push these problems aside and trying to prove that one does not deserve to face such choices, it shows how much the person is able to stand up for himself. (individual versus the world)Just imagine the odds.
You can imagine how disgusted I was when our main character was taken down by so many "villians". It's simply pure irritating to see these "villians" were his colleagues that ultimately captured him.
Nonetheless, I had realised some "deep profound meanings" within the movie, given my little discussion with you-know-who. =) So there, go watch the movie and try to understand the "deep nonsense" within. =P