Willowbank Wildlife Park on 27th June
After that day of snowboarding in Mt Hutt, my legs muscles and arm muscles have ached alot. I think it must be becuase of the fact that it's been a long time since I exercised as WS indicated and also, I didn't do my appropriate warm ups before snowboarding. Anyways, re-visited Port Hills on 26th June and had a 30 min walk to some lookout before heading back to the gondolas. Had lunch at the "China Kitchen" in the city and found that they raised their prices by a dollar! Grrr....
Had dinner at Westfield Riccarton Mall and ended the day thereafter (cos' I woke up late). Promised to wake up earlier the following day and met WS to have brunch in the city at Subway (AGAIN!) and then to Willowbank Wildlife Park.

Signs at the entrance of the park.
We bought a packet of animal feed for 3 NZD and went in to the park and really hand-fed many animals! We were like astonished and shocked when the deer walked out of its enclosure to 'smell' us for the animal feed that was in my right pocket. I was eye-wided! I mean, imagine u walk into this park and you see animals walking out as and when they want to leave it's enclosure!??!

This one just walked out of its cage to sniff me out for food.
And YESH! They kept licking my jacket and my jeans!!! It was a bit daunting when animals as tall as me start to move so closely to me with its mouth ever following your hands (cos' it thinks there is food inside)! There were ducks everywhere of all different sorts trying to get the food which we bought as well. TSK. basically every animal just came charging at me for the food lar. But it was darn cool when we came to the wallabies! They kept jumping and standing on their hind legs to unzip my pockets for the food!

Wallaby standing to grab the food.

Close up picture of Wallaby. Super cute! Kept hopping up to me!

Eels that stuck their heads above water onto the pavement for food. So many of them!
There were sheep, lamas, horses, asses, ponies, bunnies, birds, (i forgot what else) and kiwis. Yesh, we went into this enclosure to quietly observe the kiwis!
Was walking through when I saw this:

I can almost think of some people to be put into this box. :)
It was raining thereafter and the saliva from the sheep just makes my hands even colder. So we ran to the cafe and had a cuppa before we continued. Spent the entire day there! Felt really good! It was almost the same as the Deer Heights Park in Queenstown, just that this seems to be slightly more expensive.
I never thought that I would enjoy myself this much. But it was really worth that visit!
Had dinner at Westfield Riccarton Mall and ended the day thereafter (cos' I woke up late). Promised to wake up earlier the following day and met WS to have brunch in the city at Subway (AGAIN!) and then to Willowbank Wildlife Park.
Signs at the entrance of the park.
We bought a packet of animal feed for 3 NZD and went in to the park and really hand-fed many animals! We were like astonished and shocked when the deer walked out of its enclosure to 'smell' us for the animal feed that was in my right pocket. I was eye-wided! I mean, imagine u walk into this park and you see animals walking out as and when they want to leave it's enclosure!??!
This one just walked out of its cage to sniff me out for food.
And YESH! They kept licking my jacket and my jeans!!! It was a bit daunting when animals as tall as me start to move so closely to me with its mouth ever following your hands (cos' it thinks there is food inside)! There were ducks everywhere of all different sorts trying to get the food which we bought as well. TSK. basically every animal just came charging at me for the food lar. But it was darn cool when we came to the wallabies! They kept jumping and standing on their hind legs to unzip my pockets for the food!
Wallaby standing to grab the food.
Close up picture of Wallaby. Super cute! Kept hopping up to me!
Eels that stuck their heads above water onto the pavement for food. So many of them!
There were sheep, lamas, horses, asses, ponies, bunnies, birds, (i forgot what else) and kiwis. Yesh, we went into this enclosure to quietly observe the kiwis!
Was walking through when I saw this:
I can almost think of some people to be put into this box. :)
It was raining thereafter and the saliva from the sheep just makes my hands even colder. So we ran to the cafe and had a cuppa before we continued. Spent the entire day there! Felt really good! It was almost the same as the Deer Heights Park in Queenstown, just that this seems to be slightly more expensive.
I never thought that I would enjoy myself this much. But it was really worth that visit!