And lectures begin.
On a lighter note (and thus a separate entry), lectures have started this week and I'm still in the process of sorting out the different modules (they call it courses here). Dropped a stats module on Sampling Methods and took another advanced control module from their mechanical engineering department. After getting approval from the 4th Year Mech Eng coordinator, I went to get the course reader and met Eva working there. I immediately opened the package to read the contents of it and decided that it wasn't for me when I realised matrices scribbled all over the course reader with many unidentified symbols. Thus, I dropped the module immediately and that was 30 min after meeting the professor in Engineering.
Instead, I went on to select another course in AI and algorithm (some level 3 comp sci course) and went to seek approval from the Comp Sci coordinator the next day. Unfortunately the network was down and he could only approve the module this afternoon. As believed, the admin work here is like sooo.... SLOW. Thus, to speed up the entire process I had to literally walk from building to building, being referred from people to person till you eventually see the suitable one. SHEESH. So, I'm now assuming that my AI course has been approved and would be attending the course tomorrow.
Nicole sent me an sms on Clubs' Day and reminded me to sign up for it. As a very late sleeper, I forced myself to wake up slightly earlier than usual (around 11am, but my lecture starts at 1 PLUS OKAY!) to search for UCSSS on campus. Just when I sms-ed Nicole that I'm sorta "can't find" the booth, I heard some screams of "Andy, Andy!" behind me and realised that it was the girls at the booths who were calling out for me. So, I signed up for the club and got a club T.



For the uninitiated, the UCSSS peeps gave me the English name Andy. Ah wells. Donno if it beats Pierre. Josh still asked why my surname isn't Lau. (-,-)
Rushed back to lectures there after at 1.10pm. Over here, lessons before 1pm start on the hour and ends 10 min earlier while lessons after 1pm starts 10 min past the hour and ends on the hour. Not bad I would say, considering that I have a 11-4pm non-stop lesson next week. This would certainly allow me to grab some sandwich to go.
Did I mention that for the whole of O-week as well as the first week of lessons, the campus is having this sausage sizzle by the lawn? This meant free lunch for the whole of this week, but due to my weird sleeping habits, I don't think this is enticing enough to get me waking up early. If I'm ever up, it's because I have some lesson to attend to.

Maori welcome dance organised by UCSA.
Some pictures taken from the 11th floor of Central Library from the different rooms.



Carnival @ Ilam Village on Sunday!

Looking cool eh dudette Katie!


Observe the outdoor grill? YESH! Free burgers and sausage + sandwich for all!
Basically, I realised they enjoy having free kiwi BBQ all the time. But it's quite nice considering that it is such a nice weather and the sun sets almost at 8pm daily. It's getting later by the day. Maybe that's why we are returning to the without daylight saving hours after the third Sunday of March.
After all the different food I have tried, I guess I'm still better off with
from Hungry Wok @ The Crossings. Such a tiny plate cost me 8NZD okay! As I say, an average meal cost abt 8NZD so this is considered average pricing!
And knowing that each meal is so ex, I decided to cook my own Chinese food. My first few attempts at Sweet and Sour Fish.

And my attempts at cooking vegetables with the 3 universal Chinese sauces which I purchased for almost 8NZD for each bottle: Oyster sauce, light Soya Sauce and seasame oil.

Observe that I managed to cook rice without the rice cooker. I got my refund from The Warehouse for the rice cooker I bought after my first attempt at cooking rice worked.
Found a Chinese shop selling Unagi @ 9NZD. Not bad considering that everything here is so expensive. And for once, something tasted quite the same as what I had back in Singapore.

This is my kitchenette and my living room. Observe the LCD screen TV. =) My place is actually more spruced up now cos' Kat bought additional pots of plants and some cushions to the place for 'colour' as she says.


And the place where I hang out with the 'Village' peeps.

The city landmark --- Christchurch Cathedral.

The Flea market at the city. It's there daily till about 5pm. In fact, every major shops in the city closes at 6pm. It's worse during Sunday and Saturday. By 5pm, the city would almost look like some ghost town in Resident Evil.

The toilet building (also in the city). It is about 3 stories high with showers within. Free, of course.

The gagantuan chess set which they only release for public use during the weekdays till 5pm.

And lastly, the historic tram that travels around all places of interest within the city from the Art Museum to Avon River (it's everywhere anyway). Recently the free Shuttle that is a free bus system that travels also to the visitor's attractions within the city seem to be a more popular choice.

Oh and yesh, how can I forget. Here's 1 last pic which I managed to resize to VGA. It's a picture taken across the Ilam Fields somewhere opposite the University. The backgrd is the Uni campus.

Gosh. I donno how much bandwidth I have used to upload these pictures. Sheesh.
Alrights I gotta end here now. Must do homework. See? Such a good boy. =)
Instead, I went on to select another course in AI and algorithm (some level 3 comp sci course) and went to seek approval from the Comp Sci coordinator the next day. Unfortunately the network was down and he could only approve the module this afternoon. As believed, the admin work here is like sooo.... SLOW. Thus, to speed up the entire process I had to literally walk from building to building, being referred from people to person till you eventually see the suitable one. SHEESH. So, I'm now assuming that my AI course has been approved and would be attending the course tomorrow.
Nicole sent me an sms on Clubs' Day and reminded me to sign up for it. As a very late sleeper, I forced myself to wake up slightly earlier than usual (around 11am, but my lecture starts at 1 PLUS OKAY!) to search for UCSSS on campus. Just when I sms-ed Nicole that I'm sorta "can't find" the booth, I heard some screams of "Andy, Andy!" behind me and realised that it was the girls at the booths who were calling out for me. So, I signed up for the club and got a club T.
For the uninitiated, the UCSSS peeps gave me the English name Andy. Ah wells. Donno if it beats Pierre. Josh still asked why my surname isn't Lau. (-,-)
Rushed back to lectures there after at 1.10pm. Over here, lessons before 1pm start on the hour and ends 10 min earlier while lessons after 1pm starts 10 min past the hour and ends on the hour. Not bad I would say, considering that I have a 11-4pm non-stop lesson next week. This would certainly allow me to grab some sandwich to go.
Did I mention that for the whole of O-week as well as the first week of lessons, the campus is having this sausage sizzle by the lawn? This meant free lunch for the whole of this week, but due to my weird sleeping habits, I don't think this is enticing enough to get me waking up early. If I'm ever up, it's because I have some lesson to attend to.
Maori welcome dance organised by UCSA.
Some pictures taken from the 11th floor of Central Library from the different rooms.
Carnival @ Ilam Village on Sunday!
Looking cool eh dudette Katie!
Observe the outdoor grill? YESH! Free burgers and sausage + sandwich for all!
Basically, I realised they enjoy having free kiwi BBQ all the time. But it's quite nice considering that it is such a nice weather and the sun sets almost at 8pm daily. It's getting later by the day. Maybe that's why we are returning to the without daylight saving hours after the third Sunday of March.
After all the different food I have tried, I guess I'm still better off with
And knowing that each meal is so ex, I decided to cook my own Chinese food. My first few attempts at Sweet and Sour Fish.
And my attempts at cooking vegetables with the 3 universal Chinese sauces which I purchased for almost 8NZD for each bottle: Oyster sauce, light Soya Sauce and seasame oil.
Observe that I managed to cook rice without the rice cooker. I got my refund from The Warehouse for the rice cooker I bought after my first attempt at cooking rice worked.
Found a Chinese shop selling Unagi @ 9NZD. Not bad considering that everything here is so expensive. And for once, something tasted quite the same as what I had back in Singapore.
This is my kitchenette and my living room. Observe the LCD screen TV. =) My place is actually more spruced up now cos' Kat bought additional pots of plants and some cushions to the place for 'colour' as she says.
And the place where I hang out with the 'Village' peeps.
The city landmark --- Christchurch Cathedral.
The Flea market at the city. It's there daily till about 5pm. In fact, every major shops in the city closes at 6pm. It's worse during Sunday and Saturday. By 5pm, the city would almost look like some ghost town in Resident Evil.
The toilet building (also in the city). It is about 3 stories high with showers within. Free, of course.
The gagantuan chess set which they only release for public use during the weekdays till 5pm.
And lastly, the historic tram that travels around all places of interest within the city from the Art Museum to Avon River (it's everywhere anyway). Recently the free Shuttle that is a free bus system that travels also to the visitor's attractions within the city seem to be a more popular choice.
Oh and yesh, how can I forget. Here's 1 last pic which I managed to resize to VGA. It's a picture taken across the Ilam Fields somewhere opposite the University. The backgrd is the Uni campus.
Gosh. I donno how much bandwidth I have used to upload these pictures. Sheesh.
Alrights I gotta end here now. Must do homework. See? Such a good boy. =)