SIN-CHC
Flight on board was pretty good. Perhaps it was due to the fact that it was the month of the Lunar New Year that everyone had a set of mini yusheng for their dinner on the plane. There weren't many nice movies this month to my taste, so I just watched a few movies such as "Home Song Stories", a few documentries and the nostalgic Mario game which I used to play when I was in primary 1. Caught all these movies while being half asleep and half awake.
It didn't really matter much when the 10 hour long flight was reduced to slightly over 9 hours as my biological would have told me that it was time to sleep just as it was almost 2am in Singapore. Apparently, I had only 3 hours of sleep due to this time difference, less than 3 hours in fact, considering that I was weaving in and outta sleep most of the time.
The weather was all clear and a little sunny when the plane touchdowned at Christchurch airport. From the window, I could see how sparsely populated Chirstchurch was . At the immigration, almost everyone was an international visitor to this country, resulting in a super long queue at "All Passports" immigration. Of course the disabled and those with families with small children got the express lane to clear immigration, while I waited patiently in the queue. It was pretty weird to see Duty-free shops open when an aircraft docks at the airport and close right after its passengers clears immigration.
As I checked into my accomodation, I just wanted to sleep right through the rest of the day. It was almost noon right here in Christchurch. So, I plonked myself to tumberland as soon as I laid out my bedsheets and got my duvet. Before long, it was almost 4pm and as soon as I realised this, I rushed out of the apartment and walked myself to the nearest Supermarket near Riccarton Road to purchase food and all my necessities. I think I am missing Singapore food already having eaten 2 days of spaghetti, noodles, bread, etc. Oh and just a rough guide of how much the food here would cost: 1 litre of milk ~ 4 NZD , 1 pack of Yakult ~ 5 NZD, 2.50 NZD for a loaf of bread, a meal here ~ 8-10 NZD. You get the idea now, don't you?
Unlike NUS, the internet on campus here requires payment. It's those kind where u pay for a fixed plan (volume based) and surf at 100MB/s. Any data exceeding this volume would render the internet connection to slow down to a dial-up connection of 64kb/s. So streaming 1 episode of prison break would just set me back by like darn alot of space already...
But I guess I wouldn't need to stream prison break anymore considering that they are also showing Prison Break on TV, just that it lags by about almost 10 episodes from what I'm watching. (-,-) Nonetheless, for the very first time, I got to watch South Park on TV! WOOHOO! And the nightly TV programs from 7-10pm are somewhat more interesting than what I have back at home! =)of course, there are also sordid types!
And yes, the weather has been quite kind so far. It's quite okay in the day when I actually start to move my muscles and walk for long distances. Yes, walking for a long time does not make one sweat! In fact, it helps to generate heat to counter this cold. And gosh, it's not even winter and the temperature is like as low as 10 degrees at night. *shudders* argh. Apparently there are people who still wear sandals and shorts in such a weather and even open their windows to allow more cold air to enter their room. And yes, thank goodness there is such a thing as heaters in the apartments here else it sure feels like living in Snow City whole day long.
It's funny that I didn't see any cows or farm animals as yet, except those that are in the frozen food section in the supermarket.
Shall wake up early tomorrow and head down to the city. =) Just realised how much I missed being a city boy.
Heh.
It didn't really matter much when the 10 hour long flight was reduced to slightly over 9 hours as my biological would have told me that it was time to sleep just as it was almost 2am in Singapore. Apparently, I had only 3 hours of sleep due to this time difference, less than 3 hours in fact, considering that I was weaving in and outta sleep most of the time.
The weather was all clear and a little sunny when the plane touchdowned at Christchurch airport. From the window, I could see how sparsely populated Chirstchurch was . At the immigration, almost everyone was an international visitor to this country, resulting in a super long queue at "All Passports" immigration. Of course the disabled and those with families with small children got the express lane to clear immigration, while I waited patiently in the queue. It was pretty weird to see Duty-free shops open when an aircraft docks at the airport and close right after its passengers clears immigration.
As I checked into my accomodation, I just wanted to sleep right through the rest of the day. It was almost noon right here in Christchurch. So, I plonked myself to tumberland as soon as I laid out my bedsheets and got my duvet. Before long, it was almost 4pm and as soon as I realised this, I rushed out of the apartment and walked myself to the nearest Supermarket near Riccarton Road to purchase food and all my necessities. I think I am missing Singapore food already having eaten 2 days of spaghetti, noodles, bread, etc. Oh and just a rough guide of how much the food here would cost: 1 litre of milk ~ 4 NZD , 1 pack of Yakult ~ 5 NZD, 2.50 NZD for a loaf of bread, a meal here ~ 8-10 NZD. You get the idea now, don't you?
Unlike NUS, the internet on campus here requires payment. It's those kind where u pay for a fixed plan (volume based) and surf at 100MB/s. Any data exceeding this volume would render the internet connection to slow down to a dial-up connection of 64kb/s. So streaming 1 episode of prison break would just set me back by like darn alot of space already...
But I guess I wouldn't need to stream prison break anymore considering that they are also showing Prison Break on TV, just that it lags by about almost 10 episodes from what I'm watching. (-,-) Nonetheless, for the very first time, I got to watch South Park on TV! WOOHOO! And the nightly TV programs from 7-10pm are somewhat more interesting than what I have back at home! =)
And yes, the weather has been quite kind so far. It's quite okay in the day when I actually start to move my muscles and walk for long distances. Yes, walking for a long time does not make one sweat! In fact, it helps to generate heat to counter this cold. And gosh, it's not even winter and the temperature is like as low as 10 degrees at night. *shudders* argh. Apparently there are people who still wear sandals and shorts in such a weather and even open their windows to allow more cold air to enter their room. And yes, thank goodness there is such a thing as heaters in the apartments here else it sure feels like living in Snow City whole day long.
It's funny that I didn't see any cows or farm animals as yet, except those that are in the frozen food section in the supermarket.
Shall wake up early tomorrow and head down to the city. =) Just realised how much I missed being a city boy.
Heh.