It's my life story

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Arrived Australia and Jetstar-ed to Gold Coast

It was about 5.30pm when I arrived in Aussie Land. "About time", I thought to myself. Usually I enjoy flights so much that I wished it lasted longer, but the live entertainment at the back of the deck proved too much for me to bear. It went to a pt where sticking ear plugs/tissue paper into my ears become futile.

Declared my food stuff at the Quarantine section due to the Manuka Honey that I have purchased from NZ. Everything went fine and Dom picked me from the airport to his place. And he parked for really a while and it cost him 7 AUD. Man, parking is so ex.

ZG: heyya Dom, how are ya?
Dom: I'm fine. The NZ people are very nice right?
ZG: yeah they are! Very polite!
Dom: I hope they rub some of their good culture on you.
ZG: What? don't need lar! I good enough already. I think I spread my niceness to them lar.

Stayed over at Dom's place in Newtown for that night before rushing to the Domestic Airport the following day as I had to catch a flight to Gold Coast. Checked in 30 min before the flight departs and apparently, my duvet and pillow came on the flight 30 min after mine and I had to make Matt and his relatives all wait for me for an hour or so. Felt really bad lar. Apparently, the airport staff in Sydney can't even identify baggage tags correctly. They loaded 1 of my baggage on the next flight while someone's baggage which was supposed to come on the next flight came with us and have been twirling around the conveyor belt for an hour. If not for the fact that my stuff came in later, I would have claimed that I have lost $9999 worth of duvet and pillow already then claim from JetStar.

Grabbed a subway (again) and Matt drove us all to Byron Bay, the most Easterly point in Australia. Okay, I must admit something: that place looked really similar to NZ's Cape Regina since they are both some extreme corner of a country and have a light house that marks the spot.

Oh and I add: Gold Coast has a really good air-con temperature. NZ was uber cold, freezing literally, then Sydney is spoilt aircon temp where the thermostat spoilt so it's cold and Gold Coast is just plain nice air con temp.

Had our dinner at Byron Bay there and before long, it was pretty dark and Matt drove us all back to his place. And yesh, I forgotten to snap photos of his place. TSK.



Like Cape Reinga

Matt told me Pandy walked all the way down there. Apparently, I think Pandy also loves hard life, just that it's more self-inflicted.

---------------------------

Woke up the following morning and Matt drove his relatives to Pacific Fair and thereafter he picked 2 of his friends to head to MovieWorld. HAHA! So darn happy to be at Movie World cos' I got to see all the cartoon characters! :) Took the Wild Wild Wet and got myself Wet. :) And worse, I'm the only one who screamed yelled so loudly in the boat during the last plunge.

Had packed lunch, but thought that it was insufficient so Matt and I went to purchase extra food, only to turn out that the sandwich he packed was more than sufficient, delicious and healthier than what we got. Heh. Okay, it is hard to tell you what I have experienced. The pictures can tell you more.





----------------------------

Went to some place (forgot where) and visited the few shops there. There was a huge German cuckoo shop where everything within is nothing but clocks. Tried the fudge at the fudge shop there and of course, the Macademmia nuts (donno if i got the spelling right). Stopped by to purchase some kiwi and avocardo which were freshly produced and cheap. Then we visited the Cheese factory and I started to feel naseating as I sampled each cheese. The taste got stronger and stronger and I gave up just before attempting the blue cheese. It seems like everyone was able to tahan all the way, except me.

Thankfully, I felt alot better when we headed to Versace Hotel for the super duper expensive and high class Seafood Buffet there worth 75AUD per person. Matt had lobang and we all enjoyed this dinner for 1/2 price.




Dinner! Such YUMMY FOOD!

You can't imagine how high class that place was. Even the toilets are so classy that I took a photo of it. Had refreshments like coffee, tea and hot chocolate thereafter. But I felt really bloated, so I decided on just hot water with lemon slices.

Thankfully Ben was around as well, so he could introduce me to the nightlife at Surfers Paradise after that grand dinner. Walked around the streets and went into Hard Rock for some merchandise. Thereafter, we headed to the famous Conrad Jupiters to visit. I went into Ben's car and when we reached there, Ben told me to bring along my passport (just in case) and true enough, I was stopped at the entrance of the Casino for ID verification, while the rest made it through successfully. Even Ben could go in!
Next time, I shall just borrow his suit and walk in. Suits help, I think. Wah lau, 1 day before my 24th birthday still checking my ID. Their legal age is 18 and I'm like... 23?!?!?!

Okay lar. I shall take it as a compliment since 本少爷 was happy with the dinner that night. Left the casino and headed back to Matt's place. Almost midnight when we got home.

-----------------------

I shall start the next day on a new entry since I'm excited to talk abt my 24th birthday in Gold Coast. :)

p.s.-- don't be jealous
p.p.s--- the pictures I uploaded here are only 0.00000001% of what I have. Hard to upload so many considering that the upload speed for internet is so long.