It's my life story

Monday, May 22, 2006

Heritage trails, Night Safari and Budget Terminal

I was apalled over the weekend. On one hand, it's great to mix around with the people in the iPhO organising committee and on the other, it's stressful having to remember the superbly long tour scripts. But heck, I suppose the SSA2202 I have taken should come in handy now. It had better be useful. Going to Chinatown for more than 3 times this year alone should earn me an award for being the frequent by-passer along the Chinatown heritage trail district. As a matter of fact, last weekend was my very first trip down to Kampong Glam!

Almost lost my way trying to meet the other LOs and ECs there. Asking around for directions in that area made me looked as though I was searching for some clues in some Amazing Race. Well... At least I wasn't the last person who checked in to the pit stop which was at The Malay Heritage Centre. *phew* (So not eliminated.)

Gave a short speech on Kampong Glam and its origin and even introduced the tongkat Ali tree. Heh. Due to the fact that there was a person from the opposite sex from my group, I proceeded with my intro: "If we were to boil the Tongkat Ali with water or with tea, it would...errr... would... boost a guy's energy, thus it prevents latergy..." <--- guys, if u all really wanna know, what this tree is about go and try boiling it with water and drink, u will know the effects soon enough. (not really advisable though, I would suggest u go Yahoo! it) =)

After which, we proceeded with a little tour around "Little India" and this time, speeches were made by our fellow CSLOs. Nice try. =) Had a fun time and an hour long walk at the Night Safari in the evening. Let me re-emphasize something: an hour of walk along the trails in the Night Safari. Well, at least I would only need to walk through it once. The next time (as the plan on my schedule goes): It would be "tram ride round the NS" <-- night safari not something grotesque.

Fast forwarding to Monday aka today, I went to the Low Cost Terminal aka Budget Terminal today. Well, frankly, it was just a simple airport. Quite satisfactory.


Currently, the only airline there would be Tiger Airways, but well... there's always room for competition.

Had another sushi high tea buffet (again!). Think I really gotta do something about the eating, else I would be as fat, gagarntuan, obese, etc. (think along that line) as "Giggles".