at last it's over!
And with that, I have ended my last drastic paper....
Alrights time to move on with life, another new start another new day... And yeah, I do love the fact that at last, the pace of life (for now) is quite relaxing. For this sem, there have been many interesting stuff that happened... Let's see if I can recall those...
1. I fell asleep in the small lecture room of ST3235 when I sat in front of the class. Actually, it was more like the meditating feeling where I closed my eyes and sat there. And yeah, the lecturer saw me dozing... Not once, not twice, but upteen times... Maybe that's why my final paper for ST3235 felt so difficult. (don't remind me)
2. Lab scores show nothing about how much I know of what I'm doing there and then, especially when I'm doing some experiments which involves concepts yet to be taught. But well... apparently, the GAs and I are are trying to appear "friendly". I write more cheem and he gives more marks :)(somewhere along that line)
3. The module of EE2010 where people think is easy felt as though it was trying to take my life. Not that it's as tough as C++ but... wells... but... err...
4. I never skipped as many lectures as I skipped this sem. This is due to the incompatibility of my "awake" hours and the lecture timings. But sometimes I just drag my body to school, only to feel as though I learnt minimal at the end of the day.
5. The first half of the semester was really great with having such timetable that allowed me to even swim but as the exams drew to a close... such swimming regime became a bonus. =(
6. For the very first time, ST3235 project made me stay in school past midnight on Fridays. Running more than 60,000 simulations, each with at least 1000 trials isn't a joke. I almost slept in the Stats Lab. But thanx to my group members, LX and Dan, I didn't have to run all 60,000 of them. Just perhaps a third of the 60,000.

Running simulation on all computers in the Stats Lab. I decided to slack a little and thanks to the intranet network TV, I could catch Channel 8 shows as I run my simulation. And 1 more thing to add: the computers hang so often that I dread running them again... by the way, I shouldn't be complaining much as LX have ran all her 20,000 simulations based on a wrong Minitab source code which I gave her and had to run them all over again... Sorry!
Nonetheless, this sem has been quite a fruitful one and I think I'm able to say this because... my exams are over once again and here comes the holidays! Gotta get this swiveal (hust - however u speel this) chair from Courts or Ikea this holidays and yeah... I heard Splinter Cell: Double Agent is out. =) sadly it's $60!!! Sheesh! And I'm addicted to such games thanx to u leh QH. dont intro such games to me lar!!!
And yeap, observe new links on the side bar. =)
Alrights time to move on with life, another new start another new day... And yeah, I do love the fact that at last, the pace of life (for now) is quite relaxing. For this sem, there have been many interesting stuff that happened... Let's see if I can recall those...
1. I fell asleep in the small lecture room of ST3235 when I sat in front of the class. Actually, it was more like the meditating feeling where I closed my eyes and sat there. And yeah, the lecturer saw me dozing... Not once, not twice, but upteen times... Maybe that's why my final paper for ST3235 felt so difficult. (don't remind me)
2. Lab scores show nothing about how much I know of what I'm doing there and then, especially when I'm doing some experiments which involves concepts yet to be taught. But well... apparently, the GAs and I are are trying to appear "friendly". I write more cheem and he gives more marks :)(somewhere along that line)
3. The module of EE2010 where people think is easy felt as though it was trying to take my life. Not that it's as tough as C++ but... wells... but... err...
4. I never skipped as many lectures as I skipped this sem. This is due to the incompatibility of my "awake" hours and the lecture timings. But sometimes I just drag my body to school, only to feel as though I learnt minimal at the end of the day.
5. The first half of the semester was really great with having such timetable that allowed me to even swim but as the exams drew to a close... such swimming regime became a bonus. =(
6. For the very first time, ST3235 project made me stay in school past midnight on Fridays. Running more than 60,000 simulations, each with at least 1000 trials isn't a joke. I almost slept in the Stats Lab. But thanx to my group members, LX and Dan, I didn't have to run all 60,000 of them. Just perhaps a third of the 60,000.

Running simulation on all computers in the Stats Lab. I decided to slack a little and thanks to the intranet network TV, I could catch Channel 8 shows as I run my simulation. And 1 more thing to add: the computers hang so often that I dread running them again... by the way, I shouldn't be complaining much as LX have ran all her 20,000 simulations based on a wrong Minitab source code which I gave her and had to run them all over again... Sorry!
Nonetheless, this sem has been quite a fruitful one and I think I'm able to say this because... my exams are over once again and here comes the holidays! Gotta get this swiveal (hust - however u speel this) chair from Courts or Ikea this holidays and yeah... I heard Splinter Cell: Double Agent is out. =) sadly it's $60!!! Sheesh! And I'm addicted to such games thanx to u leh QH. dont intro such games to me lar!!!
And yeap, observe new links on the side bar. =)