It's my life story

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Tim's birthday

Had a gathering with my relatives friends and relatives last weekend. And it was also on that day that my dentist called to remind me of the Wisdom teeth extraction operation. *shivers down the spine*

Early on the last day of 2007, I woke up at 8am and left for Ngee Ann City once again to (hopefully) complete my NZ visa application since it was (again) opened for only 2 hours. They sure know how to declare holidays to enjoy good life man. FYI, the NZ immigration closed for holidays from 25-30 dec and 1st jan. So much for doing work... ... ... and I couldn't even complete the application cos' I lack that letter from NUS. Ah wells. Wanted to rush down to NUS IRO to get it but apparently I remembered that the registrar office sent an email to all NUS affiliations that they declared 31dec as a holiday.

So, I felt like... this -> >:(

Moving forward to that same afternoon, shopped ard with Tim and had lunch before proceeding to Tampines swimming pool for a dip. Despite the sun way up in the sky at 3pm, the water was freezing cold. During the duration between each swim lap, I felt really ice cold and yet after the entire swim, my back had this very hot sun-burn effect.

Had some snacks (aka good food) around Tampines mall before heading to meet up with my sis at Hougang mall. Was really feeling v tired then since I only slept 4 hrs that day and the heated shoulders aren't helping. In short, that night, my sisters' friends all came over and spent their New Year at my place.

Early the next morning, it was Tim's birthday. Yes, 1st Jan. Thought I would be late when I boarded the NEL at 1130am. Only to realise that JH mistook the time for 1pm instead. HEH. Had lunch at Swensen's and we had this birthday promotion --- 4 main course for the price of 3 and a free happy birthday fire ice cream or however u called that. Ate till we became bloated and Tim foot the bill. Thanx man! =)

Headed to Snow City there after. There was this weird stench at the entrance and I thought JH/Alien/Tim forgotten to bathe :p But actually it was the stench of wet boots without air-drying them. Relucatantly I placed my feet into the snow shoes. :( They became wet instantly. BLEAH!

Sneaked a camera in my pocket into the Snow Chamber. Luckily didn't purchase the 2 hr tix cos'
1. it wasn't that big to frolic within
2. they didn't monitor how long u stayed within actually (so u could have stayed for the entire day and no one knows)
3. I didn't want to become a snowman.

Snap a few pictures within and I thought my ears almost dropped when the 3 of them threw snow in my jacket. SHEESH. EVIL. And the sound of Alien screaming when the 4 of us went down the slide together was really... deafening.



Took more photos horsing ard at the Kinetic Gardens. WOOHOO! WOW! It sure was a good time at Jurong West (and they still made so much noise abt the travelling time, etc.)

----------------------

Met my parents in the evening with Grandma for some good Teochew dinner at Toa Payoh before heading back. Deadbeat.

Remind me to call NUS IRO tml.

And yesh! Happy Birthday Tim! To the rest of you: Happy New Year!