the rainy weekend
Did I mention about the 3 storey toilets? I think I did, if you didn't get that entry, scroll down.
Anyways, I was at the Sumner Beach, Art Museum and Christchurch Museum last weekend. Had to rush to the toilet as I kept drinking water to keep myself hydrated. The kiwis told me that a house on the top of a hill (not the Bukit Timah kind, but real high hill type) would cost abt 500,000NZD with furniture. I think this is like... the cost of our flats in Singapore right?! SHEESH. And to think the house is furnished with that price! In Singapore, we don't even get a toilet scrubber when u buy a flat!
Anyways, the place was really fantastic and Christchurch being one of the very "English-y" towns, it is a now wonder that everything looked like it was set in some old English town. BTW, for that Sunday that I was out, I woke up at 845am leh! Super early for me okay! Even K is proudda me! (ha!) Tried my luck at the Casino last weekend when i inserted 2NZD into 1 of theslut slot machines. Apparently, it seemed like I had some beginner's luck or what and got back 10 NZD which is like a winning of 8 NZD! Of course, I stopped myself from playing any more as it seemed that some statistical knowledge tells me that I would lose beyond a certain point. Moreover, it's not so good to be addicted to such mindless games which doesn't involve in any skill but just pure pressing of the "start" buttons. But apparently, there are those who think otherwise or there wouldn't be any biz for the casinos would there?
Not me though, I believed in working for it.
Anyway, enough of this righteousness talk. Took the free city shuttle and met Heather and Stacey on the bus from the casino to Kathmandu to buy some thermal stuff. Coincidentally, they were also on their way to the place, so had a free commentry on the bus by Heather. :) Luckily my ISIC card gave me a complimentry Kathmandu discount card which I happily shared it with Stacey.
Oh and yes, this weird farnie thing happened:
As I had been drinking lots of water (as I say, to keep myself hydrated since Christchurch has 1/2 the rainfall of that in Auckland), I used the "after-hours" city toilet for the first time. This toilet is only "opened" automatically when the 3 storey toilets are closed for the day. And closing hours is like after 5pm on weekends. So, I was queuing to use this individual cubicle toilet (for both sexes) which it claims to be quite high tech cos it can clean by itself when no one is using it. As I stepped into the cubicle, there's this button which the user would have to press to close the door. However, just as the door was closed and I started to unzip my pants, the weird automatic door starts to ZOOM OPEN again which, thankfully, my quick reflexes meant that I had to stop whatever I was doing and press the stupid "close" button once more. Then, it happened again. And again.
Think it was about 3 or 4 times before it finally closed once again and I stood there to wait, refusing to do anything lest it opens again. 1.... 2.... 3....4... .... 15.... okay, I think it was safe, so... I started to well... erm.. do whatever I had set out to do in the toilet, each second fearing that the dumb automatic door may just zoom open again.
Thank goodness that didn't happen.
So after washing my hands, I thought that the door would open, but guess what. Now, I'm stuck inside the toilet cubicle.
To cut the long story short, I just forced the door open MANUALLY and rescued myself.
So much for auto-matic high end toilets. *shudders*
anyway, once again some pic:
Some houses in Sunmer suburb:

Inside the Arts Centre:

The School of Fine Arts which belongs to University of Canterbury (UC) in the Arts Centre:

And it says it all:

By the way, 8NZD (my 'work-from-pushing-the-buttons'profits from casino) is just enough to cover for my dinner at Westfield Riccarton Mall that day. And it's just a bowl of chicken Laksa.
Okay, shall end here. Gotta go send pic taken with the kiwis for last Friday's dinner and more importantly, my assignments...
p.s.--- it was raining the entire weekend! I couldn't go to Akaroa! ARGH!
Anyways, I was at the Sumner Beach, Art Museum and Christchurch Museum last weekend. Had to rush to the toilet as I kept drinking water to keep myself hydrated. The kiwis told me that a house on the top of a hill (not the Bukit Timah kind, but real high hill type) would cost abt 500,000NZD with furniture. I think this is like... the cost of our flats in Singapore right?! SHEESH. And to think the house is furnished with that price! In Singapore, we don't even get a toilet scrubber when u buy a flat!
Anyways, the place was really fantastic and Christchurch being one of the very "English-y" towns, it is a now wonder that everything looked like it was set in some old English town. BTW, for that Sunday that I was out, I woke up at 845am leh! Super early for me okay! Even K is proudda me! (ha!) Tried my luck at the Casino last weekend when i inserted 2NZD into 1 of the
Not me though, I believed in working for it.
Anyway, enough of this righteousness talk. Took the free city shuttle and met Heather and Stacey on the bus from the casino to Kathmandu to buy some thermal stuff. Coincidentally, they were also on their way to the place, so had a free commentry on the bus by Heather. :) Luckily my ISIC card gave me a complimentry Kathmandu discount card which I happily shared it with Stacey.
Oh and yes, this weird farnie thing happened:
As I had been drinking lots of water (as I say, to keep myself hydrated since Christchurch has 1/2 the rainfall of that in Auckland), I used the "after-hours" city toilet for the first time. This toilet is only "opened" automatically when the 3 storey toilets are closed for the day. And closing hours is like after 5pm on weekends. So, I was queuing to use this individual cubicle toilet (for both sexes) which it claims to be quite high tech cos it can clean by itself when no one is using it. As I stepped into the cubicle, there's this button which the user would have to press to close the door. However, just as the door was closed and I started to unzip my pants, the weird automatic door starts to ZOOM OPEN again which, thankfully, my quick reflexes meant that I had to stop whatever I was doing and press the stupid "close" button once more. Then, it happened again. And again.
Think it was about 3 or 4 times before it finally closed once again and I stood there to wait, refusing to do anything lest it opens again. 1.... 2.... 3....4... .... 15.... okay, I think it was safe, so... I started to well... erm.. do whatever I had set out to do in the toilet, each second fearing that the dumb automatic door may just zoom open again.
Thank goodness that didn't happen.
So after washing my hands, I thought that the door would open, but guess what. Now, I'm stuck inside the toilet cubicle.
To cut the long story short, I just forced the door open MANUALLY and rescued myself.
So much for auto-matic high end toilets. *shudders*
anyway, once again some pic:
Some houses in Sunmer suburb:
Inside the Arts Centre:
The School of Fine Arts which belongs to University of Canterbury (UC) in the Arts Centre:
And it says it all:
By the way, 8NZD (my 'work-from-pushing-the-buttons'profits from casino) is just enough to cover for my dinner at Westfield Riccarton Mall that day. And it's just a bowl of chicken Laksa.
Okay, shall end here. Gotta go send pic taken with the kiwis for last Friday's dinner and more importantly, my assignments...
p.s.--- it was raining the entire weekend! I couldn't go to Akaroa! ARGH!