It's my life story

Saturday, May 03, 2008

"No Air" from American Idol, dinner with Russell's grp and today's events


Just caught this on American Idol. Nice duet.
------------------------------------
The cultural extravaganze is on next Saturday and gotta brush up on my piano skills if I'm ever going to be on the stage in UCSA theatre to present my pieces. Heh. Donno. A bit self-conflicting to do so. Maybe might just bring some food for the event instead. Afterall, Pak N Save has lots of offer all the time.
------------------------------------
Went out to the city along Colombo Street on Friday and guess what.

Some stupid bird flew above me and dropped me presents 'showered me with blessings'. Worse. It was on my head, hair and jacket. Darn sick. Cleaned the jacket with soap and thank goodness I had another inner jacket in the inner layer else I would have become snowman. Michael also kenna a bit.

Caught a good bargain at the Warehouse Stationery. HP PDA cost only 150 NZD! I couldn't believe it. Ever since I came to NZ, everything cost more than Singapore so for the very first time, it really feels like a bargain here. Michael and I got a bit suspicious and went to check out the prices in the Central Library first before realising that they are selling the same model at 400 NZD elsewhere in Christchurch. Immediately, we headed back and grabbed that last HP PDA. (thank goodness it was still available) Had my light lunch at Toyota showroom's waiting room cos' Michael sent his car for servicing and I had the opportunity to grab some free muffins and hot beverages while catching up on the day's papers. Ahhhh.... Life....

Headed back to my flat thereafter to do extensive cleaning of my jacket and washing my hair almost 5 times with conditioner + shampoo. Darn gross man. Those darn birds. You wont believe how much cleaning I have done on the Jacket. Rushed to the dryer at 4.40pm to grab my clothes from the dryer though it has another 10 min in there.

No choice lar. Promised Lawrence to be at ISS by 5pm so was sorta rushing. I reached 5pm on the dot after doubling up from 2 steps/ second to 4 steps /second. And it was really really cold having to walk so fast with the cold wind blowing right in your face. Caught up with the other peeps there at ISS over warm drinks and had a little chat with Matt before Lawrence drove us to Russell's place for dinner at Port Hills.

It was laziness on my part that didn't wanna bring out the camera to take pictures. (should kick myself for that) Holly, some furry doggy, was darn cute man! She just kept running around my feet with that woollen sweater. It was even cuter when she slept on Beth's laps. Cuddled her a few times there. Had dinner at their place. Wonderful spread man! It was always good to have home cooked dinner! Helped myself to loads of food! :) YUMS! had a long chat with the New Zealanders thereafter and talked alot on travelling while they asked me on Singapore. :) From what I have gathered so far, Singapore seems to have a really good reputation with words like "clean, green, nice, advanced, high-tech" associated with it. The word which really stood out to me was "transit". Apparently, Singapore seems to be a very good gateway to destinations further down North in the World, with Singapore Airlines having a really darn high class reputation. Even Matt who flew from Paris to Singapore felt that it was so much better than Air France. For once, I felt like I was proud being a Singaporean. yes, for once. Played pictionary and our grp came in 2nd. HA!

Finally had a chat with Russell (been wanting to chat with him since Feb) abt Operation Friendship and he was shocked when I told him that I was from Paul and Catherine's group. His eyes was filled with delight when I told him on the activities we have done over the past few months. Couldn't thank him more than enough for this dinner and for hosting this event. He even thanked Lawrence for bringing me that night so that we could meet up! Really, I donno who is the VIP here man. He made me feel like one despite me trying to make him feel that way.

Eyal sent me back that night. His car had ice formed on the windscreen just by parking there for 3 hrs. That night, the double-glzed windows started to form ice outside too. No wonder SQ says that even though his windows can open and close, he's still not that happy. I can see now why this is so.

----------------

Heard that it rained till 1130am today since last night. Woke up to get some work done (since I have a test next week. see? studying hard hor!). Michael texted me and I joined him and M for dinner at some Jap Bristo Cafe. Had hot drinks at Coffee Culture thereafter cos' Michael wanted to show how popular he was there. HAHA! Had a good chat with everyone there.

And now here I am watching American Idol when I reached home. It was a really cold night. Basically it kept raining the entire day. Oh ya, having lunch with Paul and Catherine tomorrow (they sent an sms today)and they want to see the pictures of my holiday in Southland. Gosh. Wait till they see that every other photo has my parents pic in it. HEH.

And that reminds me. Still gotta give Michael the dates where I will be in Wellington by tomorrow. Been thinking of joining a Contiki tour since 2-3 years back. Heard that it's really fun bunch of people so gotta experience it myself! ;) Plus, I dont have to plan so extensively if I join the tour. HEH. A bit more ex though.