It's my life story

Saturday, April 12, 2008

random thoughts again

About 8 months ago, in my Comms class, my lecturer would always remind me that "bandwidth is a premium". I could never understand why, espeically so when Singapore's internet and handphone bills are always ever so competitive.

And it's about now, at the end of my subscription month each time that I start to scrutinise my internet usage and volume of data I have downloaded. And yes, I can now see why he would always chant the same mantra of "premium bandwidth" and the most famous "Shanon's theory on Communications". I remembered that he once mentioned that if I were to thoroughly comprehend the entire Shanon's theory, I would make a great communications engineer.

Once again, I'm going to re-visit the theory of Shanon in my coding theory classes as well as the data comms lectures. Ah wells...
----------------

Been very bothered by the tonnes of assignments, espeically the statistics assignment which I have no idea how I'm ever going to learn the R-software.
Help.
----------------

My fren's leaving for Australia on 15th-23rd april while I'm going to be out from 17-27th in Southland.

And for those whom I'm meeting in Australia/NZ in June/July/Aug, please do finalise the details by end april. I'm getting the schedule out, as soon as I figure out how to use R software...