Settled (down) back in Singapore
It's been almost 3 weeks since I'm back in Singapore.
It was really really hawt when I returned. I know I am hawt, but apparently, Singapore is hotter than me. Heck. I don't care whatever happens to Singapore anyways. Just so long that I get my favourite food, and I did. I kindly requested my Dad to make a detour to the Punggol Nasi Lemak for my first dose of medication after having tried the less-than-yummy-but-still-okay food overseas.
Ordered fried chicken wings, fish cake, curry vegetables, the nasi lemak fish, ikan billis, cucumber and topping it up with lots and lots of chilli (which I have not had for months).
Not only was it cheap, it was also sedap! YUMMY! And yesh, I was so happy that night cos' I got to savour good food after months of surviving on Subway sandwiches, pizzas, bread, pasta + pasta sauce, peanut butter, instant noodles, fish and chips, meat pies, western food, etc.
That marked the start of my first week of food tour in Singapore.
The first week was pretty bad in terms of my sleeping and waking up timing. Thank goodness ZG's body was able to take it and though he felt really tired for the rest of the day having waking up so early, he was able to sustain the energy level.
On another aspect, I got pretty sick and tired of people on MSN asking me the date of my return whenever I come online. I remembered posting the date on my blog and having to answer the same question repeatedly is just irritating. Thus, they end up getting ignored on MSN or getting a really arrogant answer. Heh. This could also be a reason as to why I didn't plan to make myself known that I'm back in Singapore for the first week. It was a good idea though. I got to experience solitude and got some time to recuperate and catch up with myself by repacking my messy table which my sis left for me to clearing out all the useless stuff at home.
Nonetheless, it was a bit (un)fortunate that I met some others while meeting up with Tim at Raffles City on Friday, resulting in the fact that more people knew that I was back. Ah wells. Headed to Jerald's house for gathering the following day (so now even more people know).
Settled all the last few parts of the administrative stuff for my SUSEP at NTU on Monday. To my dismay, they could only issue me my student card on the subsequent week. It was even more irritating that I was only told of that the photograph I submitted was rejected on the following week (which was 3 months since I have sent them). On the same day, I submitted my SEP form to ECE department for my mapping of modules to be done. You can imagine the look on the admin lady there when I told her that I'm heading for NTU for exchange this semester. She recounted my technical electives that are on S/U and after realising that I have fulfilled the minimum 50% TEs that are going to be graded, she then commented "notti boy huh". Then she reminded me to check the exam timetable to ensure no clashes between those modules in NTU and NUS.
This week is the first week of instructional period in NTU. I felt really 1/2 alive by the afternoon lectures in the tutorial room for my Optical comms system design. Can't imagine next week when the NUS timetable comes in as well.
Oh oh and did I tell ya all that I got my first choice for my Final Year Project (FYP)? Of course lar! Statistics show that I'm the only person bidding for it so, definitely get one. Kinda excited, but yet a little apprehensive as it is almost similar to riding on a roller coaster where you get the thrill from doing something you like but yet a little worried if you are able to ride the entire journey.
Was at 360 Cable Ski Park at East Coast Park last Friday with Jevon, JH and YC. YC decided to pang seh on us when we headed to try out the kneeboards, wakeboards, etc. It was pretty amusing when the lifevest had to be changed for Jevon due to his buldging stomach. Attempted my first try on the kneeboards after years of absence and fell at the furthest point and ended up walking back on the hot gravel / pebbles to the launch pt. It was scorching hot and I did not want to walk that path again. Somehow I managed to move at least a round on the kneeboard and I attempted the Wakeboard thereafter. And guess what? I fell into the water at the launch of site! HAHA! And I think I tried it thrice before switching it back to the kneeboard. JH and Jevon made really good progress too! JH was able to complete at least 1 round at the end of the session! Jevon was pretty close as well!
So yeah, it was pure good fun for a Friday afternoon.
Adjourned ourselves to the hawker centre nearby and had local delicacies! -eyes wide-
We had Sambal BBQ Stingray, pop piah, 煎蠔, Satay + ketuput and Roti John. Of course, not forgetting quenching our thrist after drinking gulps of sea water! Crossed the overhead bridge at around VJC area to catch a bus back to Parkway Parade to chill at Delifrance. (ask any 1 of us why it was bold and you will laugh your ass off.)
Okay, lessons starting tomorrow. Lots of early lessons this semester. Almost similar to my first year timetable. But ah wells, it's about time to begin anyway. :)
It was really really hawt when I returned. I know I am hawt, but apparently, Singapore is hotter than me. Heck. I don't care whatever happens to Singapore anyways. Just so long that I get my favourite food, and I did. I kindly requested my Dad to make a detour to the Punggol Nasi Lemak for my first dose of medication after having tried the less-than-yummy-but-still-okay food overseas.
Ordered fried chicken wings, fish cake, curry vegetables, the nasi lemak fish, ikan billis, cucumber and topping it up with lots and lots of chilli (which I have not had for months).
Not only was it cheap, it was also sedap! YUMMY! And yesh, I was so happy that night cos' I got to savour good food after months of surviving on Subway sandwiches, pizzas, bread, pasta + pasta sauce, peanut butter, instant noodles, fish and chips, meat pies, western food, etc.
That marked the start of my first week of food tour in Singapore.
The first week was pretty bad in terms of my sleeping and waking up timing. Thank goodness ZG's body was able to take it and though he felt really tired for the rest of the day having waking up so early, he was able to sustain the energy level.
On another aspect, I got pretty sick and tired of people on MSN asking me the date of my return whenever I come online. I remembered posting the date on my blog and having to answer the same question repeatedly is just irritating. Thus, they end up getting ignored on MSN or getting a really arrogant answer. Heh. This could also be a reason as to why I didn't plan to make myself known that I'm back in Singapore for the first week. It was a good idea though. I got to experience solitude and got some time to recuperate and catch up with myself by repacking my messy table which my sis left for me to clearing out all the useless stuff at home.
Nonetheless, it was a bit (un)fortunate that I met some others while meeting up with Tim at Raffles City on Friday, resulting in the fact that more people knew that I was back. Ah wells. Headed to Jerald's house for gathering the following day (so now even more people know).
Settled all the last few parts of the administrative stuff for my SUSEP at NTU on Monday. To my dismay, they could only issue me my student card on the subsequent week. It was even more irritating that I was only told of that the photograph I submitted was rejected on the following week (which was 3 months since I have sent them). On the same day, I submitted my SEP form to ECE department for my mapping of modules to be done. You can imagine the look on the admin lady there when I told her that I'm heading for NTU for exchange this semester. She recounted my technical electives that are on S/U and after realising that I have fulfilled the minimum 50% TEs that are going to be graded, she then commented "notti boy huh". Then she reminded me to check the exam timetable to ensure no clashes between those modules in NTU and NUS.
This week is the first week of instructional period in NTU. I felt really 1/2 alive by the afternoon lectures in the tutorial room for my Optical comms system design. Can't imagine next week when the NUS timetable comes in as well.
Oh oh and did I tell ya all that I got my first choice for my Final Year Project (FYP)? Of course lar! Statistics show that I'm the only person bidding for it so, definitely get one. Kinda excited, but yet a little apprehensive as it is almost similar to riding on a roller coaster where you get the thrill from doing something you like but yet a little worried if you are able to ride the entire journey.
Was at 360 Cable Ski Park at East Coast Park last Friday with Jevon, JH and YC. YC decided to pang seh on us when we headed to try out the kneeboards, wakeboards, etc. It was pretty amusing when the lifevest had to be changed for Jevon due to his buldging stomach. Attempted my first try on the kneeboards after years of absence and fell at the furthest point and ended up walking back on the hot gravel / pebbles to the launch pt. It was scorching hot and I did not want to walk that path again. Somehow I managed to move at least a round on the kneeboard and I attempted the Wakeboard thereafter. And guess what? I fell into the water at the launch of site! HAHA! And I think I tried it thrice before switching it back to the kneeboard. JH and Jevon made really good progress too! JH was able to complete at least 1 round at the end of the session! Jevon was pretty close as well!
So yeah, it was pure good fun for a Friday afternoon.
Adjourned ourselves to the hawker centre nearby and had local delicacies! -eyes wide-
We had Sambal BBQ Stingray, pop piah, 煎蠔, Satay + ketuput and Roti John. Of course, not forgetting quenching our thrist after drinking gulps of sea water! Crossed the overhead bridge at around VJC area to catch a bus back to Parkway Parade to chill at Delifrance. (ask any 1 of us why it was bold and you will laugh your ass off.)
Okay, lessons starting tomorrow. Lots of early lessons this semester. Almost similar to my first year timetable. But ah wells, it's about time to begin anyway. :)