week update from 8-14 dec
Earlier this week, had my presentation to a not-so-interested-and-sickeningly-rude bugger and felt like giving him the punch of his life. Right after that ordeal, I had a talk with my supervisor who calmed me down quite a bit. Needless to say, I gotta thank my friends who have been putting up with my grouchiness over this week.
Anyway, later that same evening, I had buffet at The Buffet in Hotel M. (The place is really called The Buffet.) It was a scrumptious steamboat dinner there with my family and I kept taking the chilli crabs. Dad's dining card gave us a whopping 50% of the total bill! So, it turned out that it was quite alright. In fact, it was comparable (in price) to even the Marina Bay Steamboat (but definitely better in terms of standard and services). The subsequent day, I stayed at home streamed Prison Break and slept many times to compensate for the lack of sleep over the long weekends, preparing powerpoint slides for that ingrate bugger.
Thursday morning, I was determined to get my Mcdonald's breakfast which I have not eaten for years. Somehow, I miraculously woke up and left my house by 9 and texted YT for breakfast at Compass Point Mac. Then travelled to Sim Lim Square (the one which sells computers not LEDs) to have a feel of the pricing for Norton Internet Security. From there, walked to to Funan and purchased my 14.1 inch screen protector and bussed to Maxwell market where we hope to fill our stomachs with the Fish Bee Hoon. Unfortunately, it was closed and we settled for chicken rice with the shortest queue. I was feeling kinda vulnerable to virus attacks that day due to the insufficient rest I had the night before and I kept whizzing and sniffing throughout, yet feeling so drained at the same time. The ultimate event was the consumption of Soya Milk with Mango blended together. Rushed to the toilet in Fusionopolis for that.
It didn't help when it started to rain when I was about to leave Fusionopolis after collecting my Acer laptop from office. Ran to the bus stop to catch 95 to the computer shop in uni to collect my second purchase Fujitsu S6520. Lugging that mammoth with me and coupled with my deteriorating health conditions, I decided to NEL-ed home from harbourfront.
Had sufficient rest on Friday and went to cut my hair at my favourite SuperCuts at Cine in the late morning before meeting up Tim at 3pm for an afternoon swim at Sengkang Pool which was newly opened. It was there that I met my JC classmate Christine whom I heard have joined SIA. Had dinner at Compass Point and went home to explore the new laptop.
Sat - Shopped at Carrefour early that morning and almost got myself a new Nintendo Wii! Been at least a year since I last stepped into Carrefour and the layout changed totally! Contributed over 800 bucks to S'pore National Income there and from there, I went to Funan to purchase my Norton Internet Security 2009 for my new baby, the S6520 and rushed down to Vivo to meet up with Cindy. We caught up with each other as we chatted and settled for Fish Been Hoon (again) since Tung Lok was closed for that afternoon. Nonetheless, it was a wonderful for we do reminise about our JC experiences whenever we meet and get to curse those we dislike. HAHA! Miss those days, really. Sipping the last drip of Raspberry tea from Starbucks at Harbourfront Centre, I had to rush home and change for Edmund's wedding that night. Had to ask Sis to send me there as I was going to be late. As usual, caught up with the bunch of loonies. We were pleasantly surprised when Dom could join us having flown in from Sydney the night before. And yeah, thanx Winston for sending me back that night!
Sunday was almost like a very lazy day. It started raining since darn early morning and it almost felt like the bed and I just became an entity. Wanted to hibernate till Tim called to meet at 3. Reluctantly, woke up to and walked under the drizzle to Kovan. Met him at Bugis Junction before we went to shop. Reached home by 7 and had family dinner before chatting up with Cindy again on skype and here's where I am now. :)
----------------------
Ah wells. A week went by just like that and before long, I have to be back at work tomorrow. The festive season is indeed around the corner and as I told some of my friends, it would be nice to do something slightly different this year. Perhaps a donation to the less well off? Or even a visit to Children's home or what? And if any of you are still thinking of getting me something, scrap that idea - I just got what I wanted few days back.
So there, go save this money and do something unique this year (i.e. donate food/toys/clothes/blood/sperms/ovaries).
On the same note, Happy Holidays! ;)
Anyway, later that same evening, I had buffet at The Buffet in Hotel M. (The place is really called The Buffet.) It was a scrumptious steamboat dinner there with my family and I kept taking the chilli crabs. Dad's dining card gave us a whopping 50% of the total bill! So, it turned out that it was quite alright. In fact, it was comparable (in price) to even the Marina Bay Steamboat (but definitely better in terms of standard and services). The subsequent day, I stayed at home streamed Prison Break and slept many times to compensate for the lack of sleep over the long weekends, preparing powerpoint slides for that ingrate bugger.
Thursday morning, I was determined to get my Mcdonald's breakfast which I have not eaten for years. Somehow, I miraculously woke up and left my house by 9 and texted YT for breakfast at Compass Point Mac. Then travelled to Sim Lim Square (the one which sells computers not LEDs) to have a feel of the pricing for Norton Internet Security. From there, walked to to Funan and purchased my 14.1 inch screen protector and bussed to Maxwell market where we hope to fill our stomachs with the Fish Bee Hoon. Unfortunately, it was closed and we settled for chicken rice with the shortest queue. I was feeling kinda vulnerable to virus attacks that day due to the insufficient rest I had the night before and I kept whizzing and sniffing throughout, yet feeling so drained at the same time. The ultimate event was the consumption of Soya Milk with Mango blended together. Rushed to the toilet in Fusionopolis for that.
It didn't help when it started to rain when I was about to leave Fusionopolis after collecting my Acer laptop from office. Ran to the bus stop to catch 95 to the computer shop in uni to collect my second purchase Fujitsu S6520. Lugging that mammoth with me and coupled with my deteriorating health conditions, I decided to NEL-ed home from harbourfront.
Had sufficient rest on Friday and went to cut my hair at my favourite SuperCuts at Cine in the late morning before meeting up Tim at 3pm for an afternoon swim at Sengkang Pool which was newly opened. It was there that I met my JC classmate Christine whom I heard have joined SIA. Had dinner at Compass Point and went home to explore the new laptop.
Sat - Shopped at Carrefour early that morning and almost got myself a new Nintendo Wii! Been at least a year since I last stepped into Carrefour and the layout changed totally! Contributed over 800 bucks to S'pore National Income there and from there, I went to Funan to purchase my Norton Internet Security 2009 for my new baby, the S6520 and rushed down to Vivo to meet up with Cindy. We caught up with each other as we chatted and settled for Fish Been Hoon (again) since Tung Lok was closed for that afternoon. Nonetheless, it was a wonderful for we do reminise about our JC experiences whenever we meet and get to curse those we dislike. HAHA! Miss those days, really. Sipping the last drip of Raspberry tea from Starbucks at Harbourfront Centre, I had to rush home and change for Edmund's wedding that night. Had to ask Sis to send me there as I was going to be late. As usual, caught up with the bunch of loonies. We were pleasantly surprised when Dom could join us having flown in from Sydney the night before. And yeah, thanx Winston for sending me back that night!
Sunday was almost like a very lazy day. It started raining since darn early morning and it almost felt like the bed and I just became an entity. Wanted to hibernate till Tim called to meet at 3. Reluctantly, woke up to and walked under the drizzle to Kovan. Met him at Bugis Junction before we went to shop. Reached home by 7 and had family dinner before chatting up with Cindy again on skype and here's where I am now. :)
----------------------
Ah wells. A week went by just like that and before long, I have to be back at work tomorrow. The festive season is indeed around the corner and as I told some of my friends, it would be nice to do something slightly different this year. Perhaps a donation to the less well off? Or even a visit to Children's home or what? And if any of you are still thinking of getting me something, scrap that idea - I just got what I wanted few days back.
So there, go save this money and do something unique this year (i.e. donate food/toys/clothes/blood/sperms/ovaries).
On the same note, Happy Holidays! ;)