Half-life
Unfortunately I'm not so much into talking about the game "Half-life" here. But this title sure fits when I start to talk about the amount of lead fumes that I inhale while soldering, contructing many different tiny volcanos on my development board. And this is on top of the amount of soldering fumes that I inhale from last semester's production of serial port. And I was telling Edward of the stress that I'm feeling after signing out for the toolkit.
I realised that I have been skipping my lunch on almost every friday due to the hectic schedule that I have. Take yesterday for instance: I had to head down to OSA after my noon tutorials and then do the first briefing for the following day event . Then head down to the linear electronics lab at 2pm (after purchasing some adaptor at the computer shop) and was doing the lab stuff till 5 plus before heading back to YIH to do a second briefing to another person. To top it up, QR returned all my textbooks (which we exchange last semester) yesterday. My briefing ended at almost 7pm and with a heavy load on my back and on my hands (no thanx to the toolkit, the EE2001 file, the usual file which I carry, another events file, the soldering stand, etc, and the 4 ultra thick text), I struggled to the bus interchange to head to harbourfront for my dinner. My gastric juices started to work it's way and it was so bad that forunately, Chris offered to carry my other "controls" textbook which I'm going to bring back on Monday. Grrrr....
So, in short, I felt like a technician while walking in Harbourfront centre to its isolated food court. It was almost 7.30pm when I had my first bite at my dinner. (after missing lunch).
Upon returning home, I would turn on my laptop to clear my daily emails from both my yahoo account and from my uni account. And, as usual, (being the v popular ZG everyone knows,) I had more than 20 emails in my yahoo account and approximately 15 emails in my inbox in the other. Topping up with finalising the event for tomorrow, I was as good as my sister (who could almost multi-task listening to radio, studying, whistling and watching TV all at the same time).
And as I sit here in front of my laptop, I can't help thinking of the fact that I am taking 2 level 4 modules this semester on top of a level 3 module with this project module.
Earlier on Tuesday this week in my HF techniques class, the entire class came forward to ask the lecturer questions regarding the concepts which he mentioned in lecture. It wasn't a v big crowd around the lecturer since the enrollment for this level 4 module is only about 20-30 students.
So, on Friday during class, the lecturer talked to us after completing his teaching at 10am(1 hour before the stipulated time it's suppoed to end). It was sort of a prep talk where he told us about the numerous emails that he has received after the last class where many expressed their fears for the abstract theories taught in this course. In his talk, he covered everything from the assessment of this module right down to the labs. He did make an impact on the class morale when he talked about the grades =). In short, he told us to give ourselves (or bear with him) approximately another 3 weeks and we will see the 'light'. I was thinking to myself then: well... I had better see the light as he says or I would have to exercise my S/U options already since it would be too late to withdraw from the module then.
Coding theory was not much better. The lecturer warned everyone of the difficulty of the module on his first lecture and even mentioned it on the module description. To top it up, he gave a few statistics of the kinda grades everyone got from his previous classes and that frightened 1 of my friend who almost wanted to withdraw from it.

Go solve for the total resistance across the network AB. =) Nice patterns right. The solution is v simple too. Just think. =)
Ah wells. At least I would have cleared 1 event by this evening. =)
I realised that I have been skipping my lunch on almost every friday due to the hectic schedule that I have. Take yesterday for instance: I had to head down to OSA after my noon tutorials and then do the first briefing for the following day event . Then head down to the linear electronics lab at 2pm (after purchasing some adaptor at the computer shop) and was doing the lab stuff till 5 plus before heading back to YIH to do a second briefing to another person. To top it up, QR returned all my textbooks (which we exchange last semester) yesterday. My briefing ended at almost 7pm and with a heavy load on my back and on my hands (no thanx to the toolkit, the EE2001 file, the usual file which I carry, another events file, the soldering stand, etc, and the 4 ultra thick text), I struggled to the bus interchange to head to harbourfront for my dinner. My gastric juices started to work it's way and it was so bad that forunately, Chris offered to carry my other "controls" textbook which I'm going to bring back on Monday. Grrrr....
So, in short, I felt like a technician while walking in Harbourfront centre to its isolated food court. It was almost 7.30pm when I had my first bite at my dinner. (after missing lunch).
Upon returning home, I would turn on my laptop to clear my daily emails from both my yahoo account and from my uni account. And, as usual, (being the v popular ZG everyone knows,) I had more than 20 emails in my yahoo account and approximately 15 emails in my inbox in the other. Topping up with finalising the event for tomorrow, I was as good as my sister (who could almost multi-task listening to radio, studying, whistling and watching TV all at the same time).
And as I sit here in front of my laptop, I can't help thinking of the fact that I am taking 2 level 4 modules this semester on top of a level 3 module with this project module.
Earlier on Tuesday this week in my HF techniques class, the entire class came forward to ask the lecturer questions regarding the concepts which he mentioned in lecture. It wasn't a v big crowd around the lecturer since the enrollment for this level 4 module is only about 20-30 students.
So, on Friday during class, the lecturer talked to us after completing his teaching at 10am(1 hour before the stipulated time it's suppoed to end). It was sort of a prep talk where he told us about the numerous emails that he has received after the last class where many expressed their fears for the abstract theories taught in this course. In his talk, he covered everything from the assessment of this module right down to the labs. He did make an impact on the class morale when he talked about the grades =). In short, he told us to give ourselves (or bear with him) approximately another 3 weeks and we will see the 'light'. I was thinking to myself then: well... I had better see the light as he says or I would have to exercise my S/U options already since it would be too late to withdraw from the module then.
Coding theory was not much better. The lecturer warned everyone of the difficulty of the module on his first lecture and even mentioned it on the module description. To top it up, he gave a few statistics of the kinda grades everyone got from his previous classes and that frightened 1 of my friend who almost wanted to withdraw from it.
Go solve for the total resistance across the network AB. =) Nice patterns right. The solution is v simple too. Just think. =)
Ah wells. At least I would have cleared 1 event by this evening. =)