It's my life story

Friday, January 18, 2008

day surgery at mt alvernia

As I said, I do trust the dentist performing the incision of my wisdom teeth. So, early that morning, I checked into the hospital for my Day Surgery. As a matter of fact, I gotta be there 2 hrs before the surgery begins and so, I was there at 8. Literally laid on the bed staring into space till the newspaper arrived. Barely before I could read the first article, I was pushed into the operating theatre. And that was when I got my first needle jab. Wasn't as pain as I thought, and before long I could feel my entire left hand feeling pretty numb. Then the feeling spreaded to my entire body. At the same time, I had to breathe his weird gas and before long, I was knocked out. Couldn't even remember when I knocked out, except I think the last few words were "Oh erm... did you remember to buy ice cream?" --asks the dentist.

I was really gasping for air when I woke up. The entire process wasn't painful cos' I didn't feel a thing but I was truely breathless. The 2 thick gauze in my mouth was obstructing my breathing and 1 of my nostrils is stuck. After checking to ensure that I'm feeling fine, they pushed me back to the ward to rest.

When I woke up, I realised that the needle was still in my hand like this:


Kinda freaky man. And the nurse didn't wanna remove it till before I leave. So, didn't really rest well cos' the thought of something in my hand is kinda uncomfortable and irritating. Even going to toilet, I had to bring that thing (needle) along with me cos it'embedded in my hands. When I was abt to leave finally, they removed the needle and there was so much blood man! COS THE NEEDLE WAS SO THICK. *SHUDDERS*

And yes, I got my 4 wisdom teeth in a bottle. Maybe I shall put them under the pillow in exchange for some $ from the tooth faerie. =) If not, I shall throw it over the roof for some good luck (I think). =)

Just in case everyone is wondering, my hand hurts more than my teeth. As I said, the NEEDLE WAS SO THICK!!!!

Sheesh.